Make Amazing Scientific Posters (by The Floor is Yours)
PhD students or other researchers. Aimed at beginners who are in their first two years but more experienced researchers can join as well
The researcher should be able make a poster in English using their preferred tool
Toon Verlinden from The Floor Is Yours
Researchers, especially beginner, are often asked to create and present posters, without ever having proper training or feedback on these posters. The research groups themselves often also lack the knowledge to help these researchers. During the FEARS 2020 event, researchers of the whole faculty have the opportunity to present their researchers as a poster. Before the event, researcher can attend this hands-on course to elevate the level of their poster.
You went about your poster presentation the wrong way. But it is too late, its printed and you find yourself amid a room with hundreds of posters and yours doesn’t exactly draw the attention. You are utterly bored standing next to it, twiddling your thumbs and pondering:
- How could I’ve stood out amid hundreds of scientific posters just like mine?
- How could I’ve gotten the most out of a battle it seems I just couldn’t win?
What we will cover amongst other things:
- How to grab the attention? (Why should the audience listen to you?)
- Telling your story in 1 minute
- How to structure your poster?
- Getting a lengthy paper on a compact poster
- Examples of research posters
- Where do you find professional images?
- How to design a scientific poster
A full day of hands-on poster training:
- Guidelines and frameworks for scientific posters are presented while the researchers can work on their poster
- On the same day, Feedback is given to the researchers for their poster
- At the end of the day all researchers have a highly professional scientific poster
- At most 10 days later, 15 researchers can receive personalized feedback on video
- Register for FEARS 2020 before 06/03
Attend the poster training
- On 06/03 from 08:00-16:30 at Technology park, building 125, LesLokaal SYSTeMS, 2nd floor
- At most 10 days later, 15 researchers can ask for extra feedback through skype
- 02/04: Attend FEARS event
Registration ProcedureRegisterhere for FEARS 2020 and select attendance for the poster training
Number of participantsAt the most 30 students can attend the day training, and 15 can receive extra feedback on their poster.
Duration8 hours + FEARS event
The researcher will receive the credit if he or she takes part in the poster training and present their poster during the FEARS2020 event.