FEA Research Symposium 2020
Corona Virus regulations: No FEARS on 4th of aprilAs communicated by the rector & dean and decided by the federal government on the 12 of March, all events until the 4th of April are to be cancelled. With a heavy heart I have to inform you all that this includes the FEA research symposium. You will be informed in the future about any possible postponement or update of the research symposium.
20th Birthday Edition
Want to know more about the research of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture and the people behind it? Then attend the 20th Faculty of Engineering and Architecture Research Symposium (FEARS) on the 2nd of April 2020 at the iGent Tower, free of charge! At FEARS, you will have the opportunity to look at each other’s research and present your own, learn new skills and get to know other researchers of the faculty.
The FEARS event revolves around four core concepts:
- Present your research with a poster during one of the two poster sessions. More info here
Never made a poster before? A hands-on poster workshop will be organized before the event. More info here.
Receive Doctoral Schools Credit!
- Are you just curious to see what others are researching? You are also welcome without a contribution
- Bond together with others researchers and solve multidisciplinary problems of the Ghent, city for the future, during the morning team building activity! More info here
- Discover what your peers are working on, discuss research, get inspired and cultivate collaboration during the poster session!
- Learn a new research skill during one of the interactive, hands-on workshops
- What might the future hold for your career? Attend the Don't FEA R your future info session, where 4 people tell about their career after PhD, see here
Unwind during the Birthday Edition!
- Listen to the inspirational keynote by Dr. Paola Masuzzo. She will talk about Open Science and how it will change the way we do, present and spread our research
- Come and discover the best of Europe from one of our foodtrucks during the evening reception
- There will als be free breakfast & lunch
- Does a thinking brain produce a measurable sound? Join the evening quiz and find out experimentally! More details here soon but save the date!